There has been immense growth in the demand for window blinds globally in recent years. Their efficiency in blocking lights and enhancing privacy while still being stylish to complement your home is what makes them worth it. Finding the right company for wooden venetians will provide you with what you seek. But do you think Venetian blinds and wooden blinds are the same? If so, then this blog is a must-read for you. Here’s what you must know about both of them.
Comparison Between Venetian Blinds and Wooden Blinds
To start off, let’s have a basic understanding of them.
A wooden blind is a type of Venetian blind. Hence, you can understand that Venetian blinds are a broader concept than wooden blinds. Venetian blinds are made using horizontal slats. You can tilt them at your preferred angles to filter the light and enjoy the view.
You can dig into the difference by gaining knowledge of these two materials.
- Venetian blinds are made of different materials like aluminium, wooden and faux wood.
- Aluminium Venetian blinds come with narrower slats as compared to wooden slats. This is why people often go for wooden blinds, which can even be made with 50mm slats.
- Venetian and wooden blinds are both made as standard using lift cords. Wooden blinds can also be made using ladder tapes. So, you can choose as per your requirements.
- Wooden blinds are not water-resistant. This natural material absorbs water, but it is still a popular choice because of its aesthetics.
- On the other hand, Venetian blind slats are water-resistant, which is why they are preferred for wet areas like the bathroom or kitchen.
Let’s quickly delve into some quick facts about wooden venetians.
- Wooden Venetian blinds are natural insulators. It means it can easily regulate the temperature within your home.
- Every one out of three households in the UK has wooden blinds in their home.
- Wooden Venetian blinds are now available with more precise finishings like gloss wood, plain wood grain, soft tone etc.
- Lastly, choosing environmentally sustainable is a necessity considering increasing environmental degradation. Wooden venetians are made with carefully sourced woods from sustainable forests. Having realised that you are contributing your part is the best feeling.
Chantilly Blinds is the leading supplier of wooden venetians in Stoke-on-Trent and the surrounding areas. You can also trust us for other types of blinds and curtains. Contact us today to learn more.